This is like an accelerator pedal for steak. You think you grill a good steak? Make some of this and drop a dollup on it after you let it rest. If you’ve had this before, you know what I am talking about. If you haven’t, go make it and you’ll understand. It is such an amazing compliment to beef. Do it. Do it now.
Time to prep: 15 minutes
Time to done: 2 hours
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- 3-4 cloves garlic , finely chopped or minced
- 1 red chili, or 1 jalapeño, deseeded and finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon finely chopped)
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 level teaspoon coarse salt
- pepper, to taste (about ½ teaspoon)
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to release all of the flavours into the oil before using. Ideally, let it sit for more than 2 hours, if time allows.
Chimichurri can be prepared earlier than needed, and refrigerated for 24 hours, if needed.
Original recipe: https://cafedelites.com/authentic-chimichurri-uruguay-argentina/